April 15, 2010

Phase 1 (GMAT) - Week 1

Alright, here we go...

So, all-in-all, I'm off to a fairly good start (even though I probably should have taken the GMAT already). I've actually been studying for the GMAT on and off for a couple of months now, but just haven't had the confidence to really get down to business. Now, I think with some new study materials (Manhattan is the best!!!) and a new study partner, I really have the focus to get through the long hours I need for studying.

Oh, and by the way, I'm probably one of the most average standardized test takers I've ever known! So, if I can do it anyone can.

Here's my planned schedule with the new study materials from Manhattan.


Week 1&2 - Book 1, Number Properties
Week 2&3 - Book 2, Fractions, Decimals, & Percents
Week 4&5 - Book 3, Equations, Inequalities & VICs
Week 5&6 - Book 4, Word Translations
Week 6&7 - Book 5, Geometry
Week 7, 8, 9, & 10 - Last 3 books - CR, RC, SC

Planned GMAT Date: August 21st, 2010

That's it for now folks, but on my next post I'll be updating how my first week went and getting into what MBA schools I plan on applying to and why.

Cheers

3 comments:

  1. Hey! It's Sanam. I'd love to know how this goes for you. I'm using Kaplan study materials and am having a hard time focusing, but keep me posted and I might have to get Manhattan myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Sanam! With the Manhattan books it seems like nothing is skipped. In fact, after almost finishing the 1st book already I almost feel inclined to take the actual Manhattan class. ($1400 though...yikes)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo! Found your blog through Google and I am taking the GMAT myself on June 11th. Manhattan is certainly head and shoulders above the other two: Kaplan and Manhattan. The class sounds like it might be good, but with 4 months, I am sure you'll do just fine without the class.

    ReplyDelete